you said, you wrote

         You said
         "Hey!"
         My face was buried deep under the pillows, between the sheets of our bed.
         "Hey," you went again and poked me in the back. "You there?"
         "What?" I mumbled.
         "Look at me."
         "No, leave me alone," I pleaded. You said that
         "Come on."
         I sighed things are what you make of them and slowly turned over to the light and waited until everything got into focus and you should always look at everything with a smile and I gradually started seeing you. It got from a blur and some white noise to a shape and we should always smile at eachother then to a a silhouette because what's the point really, you said, then to you if we can't laugh even when we can't think of I saw you smiling. anything but crying.
         "What?" I said.
         You were sitting beside me with your hands in your lap. You said, you wrote that I love you The window was cracked and only when the chilled air I love made me pull on the blankets to myself and I didn't try and cover myself but you know what to say didn't let me.
         "Good morning."
         "Oh is it really?" I asked as you put your hand on my face.
         "Of course it is," you said with your eyes wrinkled in a smile.
         "I don't feel like doing anything."
         "Why's that?" you asked.
         "I had a dream," I started.
         "About what?" You asked me
         if you were right. My gut was sending me all sorts of thoughts and I knew I shouldn't say, that I shouldn't ever say, that I never should say "I don't know." Because all in all I do know. I do know something, no matter how insignificant it might seem. Even if I can't quite put it into words. I like the way you talk. I like the way you talk to me, the way you speak. I like it when you cry and I love to make you laugh, but you asked me.
         "I can't quite remember," I said. "But it made me sad," I followed. "I just want to lie here."
         "And do nothing?" sometimes I just
         want to know that you're out there somewhere. Or rather, around me. In the corner of my eye. It's like that more often than not. And I mean with fear. Paranoia even. And when I look there's nothing there. But what if someday
         I looked at you.
         "What do you want then?" I managed to ask through my grogginess.
         "Come on," you said. "Get up and get dressed." you won't be there?
         I put on some clothes and then we were in front of the building. I looked around and a few people were passing by. You turned to me and looked me in the eye.
         "What?" I said.
         You reached for my hand and softly took it into yours. Then you held it tight. You started walking ahead, dragging me like a ragdoll. The buildings were tall, maybe even ten stories tall. The white sapphire-tinged air was seeping through the light grey of the city and at the top you could see the smile of the sun.
         Arcadia was nice in the summer. You said There's only summer, now that I think of it. There's only been summer you wrote ever since I can remember. I can't remember anything else I love you. We reached the cafe and you seated me.
         "Wait here," you said only when
         you love then you went inside. After a while you came out and had a seat beside me.
         "It's all going to be alright," you told me. "You know that, right?"
         I looked into your eyes and I knew. Only when you love yourself, you said.
         "I love you," I said.
         "I know," you smiled.

         He asked us what we wanted like it wasn't fucking obvious we went there for coffee. But I guess that you should always look at things with a smile. Because what's the point really? I mean if you can't laugh at things you should cry about, what then? You ordered the cups and we just sat there looking at the others walking about. I wanted to whistle you said you'd love me but I didn't. I guess I liked it quiet like that. I like holding your hand no matter what.